Your loved one’s lifestyle plays a huge role in maintaining cognitive function. This includes everything from the foods they eat to the activities they participate in.
By encouraging them to practice healthy habits and mentally stimulating activities, you are increasing the quality of their years, but possibly the quantity as well.
In this episode, I discuss the importance of social interaction and a variety of ways to keep your loved one’s brain healthy and functioning well so they can enjoy life.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Why the Community Approach is the single most important way to maintain your loved one’s mental sharpness ([2:01])
- How to recognize when social interaction is harming your loved one’s mental state so you can remove them from the situation ([3:35])
- The Mental Well-Being secrets behind a heart-healthy diet ([5:15])
- Why exercise is essential to long-term brain health ([9:47])
- The surprising reason that writing can fend off Alzheimers and dementia ([16:18])